Thursday, September 22, 2011

Taking a Break...

Some of you, dear Readers, have commented that you wanted me to "keep 'em coming" (stories from my life). I am thinking about temporarily taking a break from posting to this blog, but before I do, I would like some feedback from you who have read my posts.

I began this blog as an avenue to write down my memories before I forget them. I've had a tremendous response to this blog, over two thousand page views in less than five months. I've been thinking a lot about putting these stories into a book. Many of the people who might be interested in reading about the way it was in the fifties and sixties are old folks like me, but a majority of them never go online. They would much rather have a physical (good old-fashioned) book they can hold in their hand while rocking in their favorite comfy chair with some quiet time to read. There are some who have electronic books such as Kindle or Nook, who would like to read that way, but most still read regular books.

So I am taking a break from writing this blog in order to make a book out of what I've written so far. I'm finding time-consuming editing is required to put all these stories in book form. I'm not yet sure whether to go with a publisher and sell on Amazon, or just self-publish enough books to give to my family and sell to others...

I'm not much of a seller. I would greatly appreciate the thoughts, wishes, and advice from readers of "Grannie's Memories." Should I publish a book through a publisher? What should be the price of such a book?  Would you recommend "Grannie's Memories" to your friends and family?

You could respond by 1) posting a comment on this blog, or 2) commenting on Facebook, or 3) email your response to me (granniegoins@yahoo.com). I would love to receive your suggestions, tips, ideas, experience, even your criticism if it could be construed as constructive... (I'm smiling.)

No comments:

Post a Comment